Monday 14 February 2011

How the name "Lavaculture" came to be

It all started in Kolkata, India. It was a misty morning just before noon. I was sitting upstairs and had up to this point been contemplating effective ways to attract people to a spiritual culture and way of life (Bhakti Yoga), yet provide practical products and solutions to every day necessities.

I had always been drawn to and had a magical relationship with: Herbology, Aromatherapy, Ayurveda; a sense of fashion, intuitive healing, and earrings. I used to collect stones and study about gems. These sweet childhood memories and a longing for the creative were weighing me down. Had my life's creativity ended here? Could it be possible that it might have ended?

Sitting in a basket chair just thirty minutes before noon worship (since I was living in an Ashram, a spiritual center in India) and thinking to myself— a culture, a way of life. Bhakti Culture? Devotional Life? Veda Culture? Love. Divine Love. And then I remembered an excerpt from a book I had been recently reading. There was a description of Divine Love of God wherein the internal feelings of Divine Love were compared to Lava and the holder of that love to a volcano. I thought, really our culture and spiritual ideal is to develop pure love of God, this is what the culture is about right? The ultimate goal? So I came up with the name LAVACULTURE. It was perfect. Obscure, yet for my own satisfaction and those who can appreciate it, signified something spiritual; its origin was somehow related to this Divine ideal. At the same time it matches all of my interests and this natural holistic way of life. And there it was. Having said that, the next step is in the development of these products. It will take research, time and knowledge to make all of this work. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment